Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Barndomslandet





While searching for inspirational childrens books on Flickr, I stumbled upon this Norwegian childrens book from 1963 called Barndomslande. Literally translated from Dutch to English it means Bear Cathedral Country.

I instantly fell in love with the whimsical folk art. I adore the little mushroom head family and the cluster of beets. I tried to order the book online however it's out of print. Tomorrow I am going to venture off to the childrens books archive libraries that I know of to see if they have a copy.

1 comment:

  1. the third picture was drawn by Elsa Beskow, a Swedish author and illustrator. I grew up reading her books, they are amazing. This picture is of Mr Chantarelle who lives on Juniperhill.
    You should check out her books, they are still printed.
    Btw, barndomslandet translates directly into the childhoodland (barn=child, -dom = -hood, landet = the land/country)

    Good luck with your search! Oh, btw it's me, Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete